Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Moments of Sanity/ Thoughts of the Day

I have now been in the library for two and a half hours. My ears hurt from my noise-cancelling headphones and I actually managed to accomplish some homework.

I started noting my moments of sanity for the day:

First thing I thought of in class today was that when Toenail shows up on time, I feel proud of him for getting up before 8am. I wonder what his mother thinks of him, he must be a lot like daddy.

Teammates, real teammates, are fantastic. So are friends, family, and coaches. The people who we are told from a young age are there for us, to help us in our time of need. It wasn't until I had a time of need that I've relied on them. And for that, I am so damn thankful.

I sincerely laughed in psych today for two reasons. The first being that my professor who sent out lez-vibes in an alarming fashion the first hour meeting her asked "How many of you thought I was gay?" I tried so hard to not burst out laughing. She followed that with, "I am, but you were relying stereotypes."
   
"Attitudes: everyone has them: from birth control to Brussels sprouts" - straight from the psych video we watched. I felt like I had another "don't pay the ransom moment"

Its also amazing how I can see the ocean, but my view is so polluted with power lines, rock walls, and I guess a school.

Today,
I'm proud of being named co-pres of EC Alliance, especially as a freshman amongst a few other upperclassman. I'm  upset that I didn't get my coveted 23 but I'm so proud to represent myself and my school as #24. I'm proud of being proud. It's taken so long to get to where I am right now. And I don't want to forget the reasons or the people that helped me get here no matter what joy or pain they have caused me.

~Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment