Wednesday, April 27, 2011

April Life Update : its all worth it in the end

let's cut to my birthday. I slipped into a nostalgic frame of mind thinking about how far i have come in the past year. How my birthday last year I was setting a school record for lacrosse and this year it was pouring, how I was up at 8am eating a bagel and cream cheese and how at the end of the day we had lost.

With all of the events of my birthday past me and the realization that i'm 19 (Shit Soco Ameretto Lime now only apply as memories) I want see my friends. I want to hear their stories. I want to share in what I have learned about love, education, and how life in philosophy is amazing.

So let's take it back to basics, at least in slight changes of philosophy, and me revealing wonderful secrets.

1. It's all for something bigger than you
2. It will all be worth it in the end
3. Prove me wrong

1. Being a teammate has given me the opportunity to dedicate to a greater cause. To see results of hard work. To be a friend amongst winning and losing. The unbreakable bond that just by title allows me someone to sit with at any meal. But what you can do for a teammate is something you can do for anyone.

2. What you sacrifice, whether it be by sending a letter, by calling the person who didn't have so great of a day, by just letting someone else know that you miss them. Pay attention. Its the little things that will bring about the most attention. You will be noticed for your deeds and actions. You may not be commended or even respected but understand that it is worth it in the end, to put forth the extra effort. So send the "i miss you" text, and the mix cd, leave a post it note around with a simple laugh. Make some one else's day. It will.

3. I try to go out of my way to do things for others in the great attempt to disprove the myth that teens and people alike are stuck up selfish pricks. Prove me wrong, because there is a small piece of hope that i cling to which tells me good exists among us. I know its true but the conforming mound of college culture blahh disguiseses it easily. Go out of your way to do good and not necessarily well.

Go and experience, make mistakes, beat the odds, and know that no matter what you have me to talk to.

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment