Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Quake

I'm suffering to disconnect the rhythm of science and reality. Step back from the big picture and say to me that this is what you're meant to be. And your impact is so impressive its detected on the Richter scale because sometimes I want to squeeze down to the tectonic level and shift into a dimension so hot that only my ideas can survive. And they will carry on, and quake beneath your feet and shoot waves to distant continents and effect our place in the galaxy. But how can I do that if I cant disconnect from her to me and the smile that strings the heart bows and dips on a balance beam. I live for those songs where the words have no meaning, just the oohs and ahs and the cries of believing like I've survived the rapture but instead I'm just dreaming and I wake in a gasp, dagger of a breath to my blinking. And turn to the sheets so cold I think I'm steaming. Cause there's nobody next to me I swear there's a hex on me, like the state of the union is addressed to me and I received the message loud and clear. I'm not who I used to be and in fact there's always science in reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment